Thinking like a student through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram endears student housing owners to students – and that could mean increased occupancy. Alexis Krisay discusses how creating Facebook contests that match your market’s interests boosts leasing engagement directly on your Facebook page. Use the following social media tips to turn potential residents into signed leases: Discuss what they care about Make your page a one-stop shop Integrate your brand into the student lifestyle Click here to read more.
The Importance of Strong Property Branding Brand development, when done correctly, is a lengthy process that involves multiple components and the collaboration of a strong team. After all, this is the foundation that can ultimately make or break the lease-up of your community, so it is important to select a team that understands the branding process and how to truly bring your brand to life. The right team will execute the following steps to create a brand that will generate
Crisis Communication Experts Any branding or marketing expert will tell you that altering the perception of something in the minds of your target audience is a time consuming and grueling process; however, there is a light at the end of the tunnel – a strategic public relations campaign may be the solution to shift those perceptions. PR has the ability to positively impact your student housing community’s reputation in the marketplace by reaching the right audience – whether that is
Boost Your Renewal Rate The definition of the word “VIP” amongst today’s millennial seems to be getting more and more outrageous every year, but its important to remember that making these residents feel like individuals and taking the time to give them the attention they crave will go a long way. You can make your current residents feel cherished and appreciated by not only giving them the opportunity to capture the best renewal rate, but also to give them access
When a call was put out via Twitter, another popular student housing marketing tool, to see just who in CRE bothers to “pin,” Alexis Krisay of Serendipit Consulting, responded. Her company is a marketing and PR firm that specializes in marketing for real estate and student housing. Krisay found that some student housing companies can use Pinterest as a specific way to target, market to and interact with their key demographic: late high school and college-aged kids. Click to read
Don’t know what Instagram is? (It’s not a door-to-door telegram service.) It’s a popular photo-sharing social media app with more than 75 million users daily. Of these 75 million, 44% are within the Millennial generation and probably right in your wheelhouse for potential tenants, says Serendipit Consulting partner Alexis Krisay. (The other 56% are hip hop artists.) Instagram allows users to customize each photo and share it from the app directly to Facebook or Twitter, so for many college students, it’s the first place they go when posting a new
If you’re not using Snapchat as a leasing tool, you are missing out on a gold mine of potential new leases. Snapchat is the most popular photo and video sharing service in the world, with users sending more than 400 million “snaps” per day. The coveted group of 18-to-29-year-olds is the most avid user of Snapchat, which is why it is one of the most valuable marketing tools for your student housing property. By tapping into Snapchat, you will hit
Alexis Krisay is a partner and the vice president of marketing for Phoenix-based Serendipit Consulting, a public relations, marketing, branding and event-planning firm with a specialization in the student housing market. GlobeSt.com recently caught up with Krisay to find out how digital analytics functions in the world of student housing. Click here to read more.
Save the Day with a Social Media Escalation Plan Lauren Melby of Serendipit Consulting discusses the importance of a Social Media Escalation Plan for your Student Housing community. With the increased use of online reviews and social media, managing your student housing community’s reputation goes beyond responding quickly to maintenance requests and having an enthusiastic leasing team eager to handle all resident concerns. Click Here to Read More.
Serendipit Consulting featured in Places4Students. Check out our most recent feature where we discuss the importance of a social media escalation plan for your #studenthousing community. Read the article here.